Dr. Hardware 2009 is an application that allows to know in detail every aspect of the components that make up our PC (CPU type, motherboard, storage units, video cards, etc.). And get a report with their main characteristics. Shows details of the hardware. Makes a rigorous comparison between PCs and other computers configured by default. It is also noteworthy that the program detects the latest technologies.
Thought its not a free utility, it offers a shareware version that have full functionality for a time period, the product is compatible with any windows versions, since windows 95 to windows Vista
- Detects and analyses the latest processors, mainboard chipsets, PCI devices and much more.
- Full Windows Vista 64 bit support due to digitally signed kernel mode driver and program files!
- New: Support for Intel Core i7, Xeon 7400/5400/5200/3300/3200/3100, latest Atom, Core 2 Quad, Core 2 Extreme, Core Duo, Core 2 Duo E8xx, Celeron 500, Celeron M processors; AMD Athlon XP, Turion 64 Mobile, Quad Core Opteron/3rd Generation, Embedded Opteron, Sempron(tm) SI, Turion(tm) X2 Ultra Dual-Core Mobile ZM, Turion(tm) X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM, Athlon(tm) X2 Dual-Core QL
- New: Support for Intel chipsets (X58, G41, Q43, Q45 Express, PM45, GM45, GS45, GL40, G35, Mobile 945GSE Express, US15W, UL11L, US15L, Server 3200, 3210, 5100, ICH 10D/DO); nVidia chipsets (9400M, MCP79, nForce 610M, 630M, 630a, 720a, 730a, 750a SLI, 780a SLI, nForce 610i, 620i, 630i, 780i SLI, 790i SLI), AMD chipsets (740G, 780G, 780V, 790GX)
- New: Thermal sensor readings on later Intel and AMD CPUs (preliminary support)
- New: Support for current processor features, Intel Centrino 2, Turbo Memory Controller, Intel Turbo Boost Technology, Intel QuickPath Interconnect (QPI)
- New: (S)ATA analysis: Support for Free Fall Control, Security Feature, RPM, Form Factor, NVCache (Hybrid-HDs), SMART selftest.
- More than just system info: Features Burn-In-test, Rating test, keyboard input test, monitor test screen.
- Several bug fixes and much more
Thought most of that information is already included on Microsoft, Msinfo32, there are some very detailed information that make this program worthy for some users, just not for me until it turns freeware.
- friendly tabbed interface
- it detects most new technologies
- not free